State of the University Address

You are helping brighten VCU’s star on the national map. I had the great pleasure to deliver this message to the university community in today’s State of the University Address.

I could not be more proud of all that we have accomplished together. In a very short time, VCU has emerged as one of America’s premier urban, public research universities, but we have more work to do. Today’s speech outlined four key priorities for us as a university: fundraising for scholarship and faculty salaries; success of our students at every level, from first semester to first professional; strengthen our physical learning environment; and continuing to strengthen the VCU Health System.

Thank you to those of you who attended and to those of you who streamed the inaugural address. We have posted the speech on the Office of the President website and we’ll be adding a highlights video as well as the full recording in the next day.

As we continue our Quest for Distinction, I encourage you all to share your successes with me and to continue the dialogue about our upcoming priorities. Please email me at president@vcu.edu.