Leadership announcement

Share

The Ohio State University announced today that Sheldon Retchin has accepted an appointment to be senior vice president for health sciences and CEO of the OSU Wexner Medical Center, effective March 1, 2015.

Sheldon and I are working closely together on a thoughtful transition, including the appointment of interim leadership for VCU Health Sciences and the VCU Health System. Sheldon has built a strong, capable and effective team and they have assured me of their commitment to leading a smooth transition and continuing the forward movement of the VCU Health System and Health Sciences.

The growth and success of the health system under Sheldon’s leadership as senior vice president and VCUHS CEO has been stunning, especially in light of the challenges we face in modern academic medicine. I am forever grateful for Sheldon’s contributions to the university and medical center and his 32 years of service. He is leaving us in a strong position to continue our outstanding progress as a nationally ranked academic medical center.

We will have time over the next couple of months to officially thank Sheldon for his exceptional service. In the meantime, I know that you will join me in offering heartiest congratulations and best wishes on this next important step in his career.