Battle for the Capital 2015

The ‘Battle’ is back

Share

“Together, we’re everything.” I’ve seen this statement written on bumper stickers and coffee mugs. I’m sure it was not crafted specifically for alumni of Virginia Commonwealth University — but I think it holds true for them.

This week, Feb. 18-25, marks the return of the Battle for the Capital alumni giving challenge, when VCU alumni are matched against crosstown and Atlantic 10 rival University of Richmond. The Battle offers an opportunity for our alumni to unite and show U of R once again that, together, VCU alumni are a force.

Together, VCU alumni make such a difference in the life of our university through their service, support, opportunities for mentorship, hiring our graduates, and helping us continue to build a distinctive research university on the foundation they laid. Philanthropy from our alumni bolsters so many areas, including student scholarships, research and study-abroad opportunities. When our alumni give back, they are helping VCU excel as a nationally premier urban, public research university, and investing in the lasting value of their degrees.

I deeply appreciate the support of our VCU alumni. As I meet with alumni all over the world, I am continually reminded that what makes our university special is the people who live, work, learn, create, innovate, discover, graduate from — and give back to — VCU.

Let’s rally together!